Directions to the conference venue:
1) From Vienna (S5) and from the Wachau (B3 / B33)
Coming to the roundabout at the “Ship Station”. From there you drive to the next Roundabout (direction center) and leave it in the direction of Campus Krems.
• From Vienna-Schwechat airport via the A4 towards Vienna, at the Prater junction in the direction of Praha / A22, then via the A22, at the Stockerau junction in the direction of Krems / St.Pölten / Tulln, on the S5 to Krems (approx km)
• From the center or north of Vienna as described above via the A22 to Stockerau and via the S5 via Tulln to Krems (about 80 km)
• From the west or south of Vienna on the A1 to St. Pölten, then via the S33 towards Krems, at the junction Traismauer continue on the B37. Exit Melk / Krems Zentrum / Wachau and turn right onto the B3 in the direction of Melk / Spitz / Wachau (about 100 km)
In Krems take the B3 in the direction of Melk / Spitz / Wachau. At the fork take the left lane towards Stein / Spitz / Wachau and follow the green signs “campus krems”.
2) From the Waldviertel (B37) and St. Pölten (S33) Coming, take the exit Krems Zentrum and follow the directions from point 1.
Parking around the campus
Since March 1, 2011, there is the green zone around the
Campus Krems, that’s why we recommend to all visitors to use the parking garage Campus West
Parking Campus West
You drive to the second roundabout in the Dr. med. Karl
Dorrekstraße on to the parking garage P4 (Campus West / Hotel
Arte, for the navigation system Karl-Dorrekstraße 23 enter). The parking garage P4 is chargeable, 1.50 Euro per hour, max. 14 euros per day. Then go
Go straight over the campus promenade straight to the Building wings (D, G or G1) of IMC FH Krems. Footpath about 3 minutes. (Red line)
Attention: The direct access to the FH buildings is only allowed for suppliers (except special permits by the management). Parking outside the parking garage is not recommended not enough offer is available and wrong parking is punished immediately.
• From Vienna main station with the ÖBB-Railjet (boarding possibility in Wien-Meidling) to St. Pölten, then with the regional train to Krems (1 change); Travel time: approx. 1:15, trains run every hour
• From Franz-Josefs-Bahnhof with the ÖBB-REX (boarding possibility in Wien-Spittelau and Wien-Heiligenstadt) to Krems; Travel time: 1:10, trains run every hour
• From Vienna airport by ÖBB-Railjet to St.Pölten, then by regional train to Krems (1 change); Travel time: 1:40, trains run every hour
• Regional trains from St. Pölten main station stop in Herzogenburg, Statzendorf, Paudorf, Göttweig, Furth-Palt. Travel time: approx. 30-45 minutes, trains 1 to 2 times an hour
Arrival by train
Take the Westbahn to St. Pölten, then change to Krems Hauptbahnhof. with Citybus Line 1 to the stop “Alauntalstraße”.Coming from Vienna: Franz-Josefsbahnhof (trains run every hour) to Krems, from the main station Krems with the city bus line 1 to the stop “Alauntalstraße”.Hike from Krems Central Station to Campus Krems: approx. 15-20 minutes.
For the journey from the train station Krems to the IMC you have some possibilities:
• StadtBUS Krems (line 1)
• Campus Shuttle Bus (WL 3)
• Bus Krems-Melk (WL 2)
From the forecourt of Krems station to the stop “Donau-Universität”. The journey takes about 5 minutes.